Podcast Episode 011–
Get that job–CONTRACTS and what to look for
Episode 011–Navigating Contracts: Essentials, Recommendations, and Stuff to Consider
Subscribe on iTunes; leave us a rating and review!
Contracts and Offer Letters aren’t things we see often–what should be included in them?
Don’t wait: http://pastartup.co/audible
CONTRACTS and STUFF TO CONSIDER
Contracts and/or offer letters are something you usually only see once, so it’s hard to get up to speed on what should be included, and if you miss an opportunity to include something, it’s usually too late by the time you realize it. SO, here is a quick breakdown of some main points. It’s by no means exhaustive, but it’s a good start to get your brain working. Ask other PAs what else you should consider in your area of the country, area of medicine, and type of practice!
There are things you HAVE to ask for:
- Salary details
- Benefits—Health insurance, CME, cell phone, etc.
Things that might make good additions
- Mileage reimbursement
- Annual reviews
- Malpractice Insurance
Other things to consider:
- Noncompete clauses
I FORGOT TO INCLUDE:
- Professional Dues and Associations (state license, dea license, recertification, State/National Associations, etc.)
Sample contract: http://www.helpzebra.com/uploads/3/0/3/7/3037079/sample_contract.pdf
5:30 Contract vs. Offer letter
Things that HAVE to be included
- 8:45: Salary
- 10:05: Benefits—Health insurance
- 10:56-Continuing Medical Education
- 12:45–cell phone
Good ADDITIONS to your agreement
- 13:40–Mileage Reimbursement
- 15:00–**Annual Review!!** (with salary increase)
- 17:00–Annual Review without salary increase
- 18:15–Malpractice insurance—Occurrence vs. Claims Made plus Tail Coverage
Other things to consider
- 21:13–Noncompete clauses
Also, submit your questions for our NEXT Q&A episode to email@example.com.
Ok, ok…that’s all! Thanks for coming by…I appreciate it!