Podcast Episode 022–
The first 30 days on the job as a PA
First 30 Days
Episode 022–First 30 Days on the Job
What’s the first 30 days like as a PA?
Support the PA Startup Podcast by visiting http://pastartup.co/audible
Need help with your essay? We’ve got you covered! http://pastartup.co/essay
The first 30, 60, 90 days as a PA are a blur for most…transitioning from a student to provider, getting a job, meeting new people, and suddenly—you’re it, you’re the provider! It can be intimidating and overwhelming, but we’ve all been there.
Meet Andre: he’s a new grad who is about 30 days into his job at the time of this recording. He’s had to get up to speed with a busy surgical practice, get used to being on his feet, assisting, seeing consults, rounding, answering questions…you name it, he’s done it all. He handles it in stride and has some awesome tips and experiences that might help you make that same transition!
**I am still looking for his baby picture; check back to see if I find it: http://pastartup.co/episode22**
Here’s what we cover:
- Andre’s path to PA school—from education to nutrition to pre-PA
- Shout out to his wife Erin!
- What it was like to get a job offer with 6 months left of school
- His strategy for arranging rotations
- Andre’s one sentence that got him way above the competition
- Surprises right out of school
- Impressions of other students on the first day
- First day on the job
- How to tackle the PANCE exam with a job offer secured
- Waiting for results—his strategy wasn’t typical, but genius!
- The paperwork burden of going from student to provider
- Transition from being a PA student then provider
- Developing intuition
- Faking confidence before you have it
- Goals for the next 30 days
- Good questions to ask during interview re: training
Follow us on Twitter: @pastartupDOTco
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast above, follow us on Twitter (@PAStartupDOTco), and sign up for email updates below. Man, am I bossy or what?
Send Q&A questions to us: email@example.com
Ok, ok…that’s all! Thanks for coming by…I appreciate it!
© 2017-2019 PA Startup, a division of Enlighten Medical Media, LLC