Podcast Episode 007–
Talking finances with “the finance fellow”
WE’RE TALKING ABOUT FINANCIAL STUFF…
Episode 007–An Interview with The Finance Fellow
Subscribe on iTunes; leave us a rating and review!
From the Financial Sector to Trauma PA; an Interview with “The Finance Fellow”
Today we talk finances with Mike “The Finance Fellow”. Mike writes a blog (www.thefinancefellow.com) about his journey from the financial world to now being a Trauma PA, discussing all different types of financial info for pre-PAs, current PA students, and practicing PAs. We cover a ton of information in this episode, for everyone from pre-PA students choosing schools and obtaining loans, living frugally in school, and how to balance paying student loans and retirement contributions.
Here’s more of what we discussed:
- Mike’s path from finance to PA
- Changing course from Med school to PA school
- Avoiding debt in school
- Choosing the right school to prevent excess debt
- Factoring in living expenses in exchange for “brand name” schools
- Loan Forgiveness: public vs. private debt and which one to pick to take advantage of loan forgiveness programs
- Living frugally in PA school
- How to only pay 3% interest on credit cards for the rest of your life
- Retirement accounts
- Treating yourself as a business, diversifying your income
- Similarities between Finance and Medicine—everyone is “selling” something: trust, compassion, etc.
- How he flipped his house to pay off his student loan debt
***Information on this Podcast does not constitute true financial advice, please seek the opinion of a financial professional before making your own personal financial decisions!***
Find Mike here:
Send Q&A questions to us: email@example.com
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, or Google Play! And we’d love a rating and review!! Hit the website at pastartup.co to get updates on guides, webinars, and more!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast above, follow us on Twitter (@PAStartupDOTco), and sign up for email updates below. Man, am I bossy or what?
Also, submit your questions for our NEXT Q&A episode to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ok, ok…that’s all! Thanks for coming by…I appreciate it!
© 2017-2019 PA Startup, a division of Enlighten Medical Media, LLC