Podcast Episode 009–
Preparing for the PANCE Exam
Prep like it’s Doomsday
Episode 009–Preparing for the PANCE/PANRE
Subscribe on iTunes; leave us a rating and review!
The PANCE is the FINAL STEP to becoming a Certified Physician Assistant–Prep for it wisely!
The thing standing between you and becoming a PA, other than school of course, is the PANCE exam. The physician assistant National certification exam is the ultimate goal of your PA training. It is a comprehensive review of everything you learned in PA school. Passing this test is the last hurdle to becoming a certified physician assistant and starting your career.
There are multiple theories on how to best prepare for this test, so for today’s episode I asked Mike Nowak, director of certified medical educators and a practicing PA to join me on the podcast. Mike is trained thousands of PAs over the years during his three- and five-day review courses and shares his best study tips and test recommendations with us.
Links from Episode 9
Amazon links are “affiliate links” which means I earn a couple of dollars if you purchase using that link at no extra cost you. It’s a great way to help support PA startup, the podcast, and helps us continue our efforts.
Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, Comprehensive book (The “Blue Bible”)
- 2018 Edition–https://amzn.to/2I8np0n
- 2019 Edition (not released at time of recording)–https://amzn.to/2I2mQFr
CMDT Specialty Guides
- Family Medicine–https://amzn.to/2FAHfvI
Find Mike Nowak, PA-C and Certified Medical Educators here:
FACEBOOK: CertMedEd facebook page
WEBSITE: Certified medical educators
HIGHLIGHTS—Time stamps of pertinent info for quick reference:
- 0:03–Killer Intro Music
- 0:27–Chris Darst, PA-C Has a Cold (er, Upper Respiratory Infection)
- 6:03–Hawaii Review Course!
- 10:20–Setting up a Study Schedule
- 13:40–Strategic Studying
- 15:08–Lag Time for New Information
- 17:53–Board Review Courses
- 18:43–Differences Between PANCE/PANRE
- 20:22–When Should Studying Start?
- 23:40–Variety with Studying
- 26:15–Why People Fail the PANCE Exam
- 29:24–Best Study Advice I’ve Heard
- 30:49–Test Taking Tips
- 35:30–Looking Forward: Preparing for your next boards
Send Q&A questions to us: email@example.com
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast above, follow us on Twitter (@PAStartupDOTco), and sign up for email updates below. Man, am I bossy or what?
Also, submit your questions for our NEXT Q&A episode to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ok, ok…that’s all! Thanks for coming by…I appreciate it!
© 2017-2019 PA Startup, a division of Enlighten Medical Media, LLC